30 Facts About Prophet Muhammad
Some of the most accurate and original information regarding our most beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) can be found below.
Today, the world is going through wartime, many terrorist activities are targeting innocent people in different parts of the world and in most of these activities Muslims are caught up as suicide bombers or terrorists in short.
My aim behind writing this post is to just give the most accurate and original information regarding our most beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Here are 30 facts about the Prophet Muhammad:
1. He was a descendant of the Prophet Ismail, the son of Prophet Ibrahim.
Prophet Muhammad PBUH was born in Makkah.
3. The year was 570 A.D.
4. Shortly after his birth, his mother died.
5. His father was already dead before his birth. So, he became an orphan.
6. During this time, his uncle Abu Talib and his grandfather Abdul-Mutalibtook care of him.
7. At the age of nine, he started going on trade trips along with his uncle.
8. He met with people of different nations and religions during those trips.
9. His character was respected by all. People throughout Madinah including the Jews gave him the name of “The Trustworthy.”
10. In one of his trips, he met a Christian scholar. The scholar said to his uncle that he would, one day, do something great and I can see it because all the trees, mountains and sea are in the bow in front of him.
11. When he got 25, he got a proposal from Khadijah for marriage which he accepted. Khadijah was 40 years of age at the time of marriage.
12. For the first 54 years of his life, he had only one wife. His only wife until he was 50 years of his life was As-Sayyidah Khadijah.
They had sons but they died in their childhood.
14. Prophet Muhammed married As-Sayyida `A’ishahwhen she was 9 years old. 1400 years ago, it was something very common to marry young girls. In fact, they were not considered young girls, but rather young women. It is a historic fact that girls from the ages of 9 to 14 were being married in Europe, Asia, and Africa. In fact, even in the United States, girls at the age of 10 were also being married just more than a century ago. Yet with these facts, no historian claims that all these people were sick perverts, historians would call anyone who made such a claim to be arrogant and very stupid who has no grasp or understanding of history.
15. Out of generosity and modesty, he never ate alone. He invited others to eat with him.
16. He encouraged the washing of hands before and after eating food.
17. He regularly visited the poor and ill.
18. Upon visiting a person, he used to greet them and then take their permission before entering the house and encourage others to do the same as a mark of respect.
19. He used to mend his clothes, repair his shoes and sweep the floor as well as do the household shopping during his married life.
20. As people of Makkah at that time were involved in many sinful activities, like they killed their daughters, did drinking, rape, and killing of innocent people, Prophet Muhammad did not like those activities at all and to have solitude and peace he went to the cave of Hira’.
21. Once when he was in the cave Hira, he saw Angel Gabriel. The angel said to him “Read in the Name of Allah”, Prophet Muhammad replied that he could neither read nor write as he was unlettered.
22. After Angel Gabriel came again with revelations, he started preaching Islam to people.
23. He used to preach to people but avoided preaching to excess to avoid annoying people.
24. He sometimes prayed so much that his legs swelled. In one incident, he was asked why he offered such an unbearable prayer and he replied: “Shall I not be a thankful slave (to Allah)?”
25. He sent letters to kings and leaders beyond Arabia inviting them to Islam.
26. Pagans and Non-Muslims did harm to Prophet Muhammad PBUH and other Muslims by different means but Prophet Muhammad had patience and perseverance.
27. His Prophethood lasted for a long period of 23 years, during which he received Revelations from Allah.
28. He never proclaimed himself as anyone or anything divine.
29. His name is now one of the most popular names in the world.
30. After 23 years of Prophethood, Muhammad (pbuh) died and after his death, Islam spread to other places too because of the efforts of his Caliphs. The revelations of Allah on Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) were compiled in the Quran after his death.
Hind Touissat is a 22-year old Moroccan from the city of Kenitra. She is majoring in Marketing from the National School of Trade and Management. She started blogging in 2011 and was voted “Best Female Blogger in Morocco” at the Maroc Web Awards 6 months after starting her Blog entitled “According to Hind.” She is a member of the Morocco World News editorial board.
Adapted with editorial adjustments from www.moroccoworldnews.comSoucre Link